5 Quotes to Help You Recognize National Administrative Professionals Week [Friday Five]
Did you know April 19 – 25 is Administrative Professionals Week? It’s a week where we celebrate and recognize administrative professionals’ devoted, valued work. Originally Secretaries Week, Administrative Professionals Week was created in 1952 and has changed and evolved over the past few decades. One thing remains the same though, we recognize those who work hard to help our businesses thrive.
Here are five of our favorite quotes celebrating all the hard work and important contribution from administrative professionals:
1) “People may take a job for more money, but they often leave it for more recognition and appreciation.” — Bob Nelson
Yes, most work is done in return for a paycheck. Employees and staff do their jobs as they were hired to. However, it is imperative to take the time to recognize the hard work and dedication that is required to get the job done well. That’s why we have national holidays, like this one, to give us that extra reminder to say “Thank You!” and “Job Well Done!”
2) “No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another. Thank you.” – Unknown
Administrative professionals have the difficult charge of making other’s jobs easier. They often take on the duties and responsibilities that are difficult, time consuming and important. If there’s someone in your office who does this, be sure to thank them!
3) “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
The above quote is a perfect analogy! Many times we assume, often incorrectly, that those around us know how important they are. This is true in both our personal and professional lives. If you feel grateful be sure to express your gratitude.
4) “Appreciate everything your associates do for the business. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune.” – Sam Walton
Consider how much value the right praise will garner. The more appreciated someone feels the more likely that person will continue, and often increase, the effort and passion put into their job. And, as the quote suggests, the timing and sincerity can make a world of difference.
5) “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” – G.B. Stern
Now go out there and thank every professional administrator in your office!
What did you do or say to honor the administrative professionals at your business this week? Tell us in the comments below. Feel free to give a shout-out to the administrative professionals who keep your business running!