Music on Hold
RingCentral’s Music-on-Hold is more than just a cool feature to have. It can encourage callers to stay on the line, reduce hang-up rate, and give your brand a touch of flair.
To update your music on hold:
- Click the My Settings tab in the main menu. Account Summary page displays.
- Under Call Settings panel, click Music on Hold. Music on Hold page displays.
- Refer to My Rules section; click the Music On Hold drop-down list, then select your preferred option as to what you want your callers to hear while being forwarded to your telephone numbers.
- Click on Submit to save your changes.
Optionally, you can also upload your own music. Follow steps 1 and 2 above, then:
3. Click the New button corresponding to the music or greeting you want to upload. Upload Music On Hold – New page displays.
4. Enter a name for your greeting in the greeting Name field.
5. Click Import. Your browser’s search window displays. Browse the file you wish to import, highlight and click Open. A status bar will display the progress. Your greeting has been has been loaded when the status bar stops moving and the length of your greeting is displayed. Click Play to review your greeting.
6. Click Submit to save your changes.
Please note that importing music only works with Internet Explorer 5.x and higher. The Active X Control does not work in Netscape, Mozilla, or Mozilla Firefox browsers.
Learn more about RingCentral’s Music-on-Hold feature.