Messages on Hold
Last week, we talked about Music on Hold. This week, we’ll show you how to enhance your Music on Hold with Messages on Hold.
Messages on Hold interrupt your music on hold to play a message to your customers. Use Messages on Hold to encourage customers to stay on the line, or to create custom messages to make announcements or advertise new products or services. And unlike traditional advertising channels, such as TV or radio, messages on hold cost nothing.
To update your messages on hold:
- Click the My Settings tab in the main menu. The Account Summary page displays.
- Under the Call Settings panel, click Music on Hold.
- Refer to the My Rules section; select the Music on Hold you would like to play.
- Select a time interval from the Interrupt music every drop-down menu. You can select intervals in increments of 5 seconds, up to 30 seconds, and increments of 10 seconds up to a minute.
- Select a default message from Interrupt with prompt.
- Click on Submit to save your changes.
To create a custom voice prompt, install RingCentral voicemail plug-in (Note: This plug-in works only with Internet Explorer). Follow steps 1 through 4 above, then:
5. Select New to the far right of Interrupt with prompt.
6. Select the tab Import / Record with Microphone.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Now, you can let RingCentral do the work of making your company look more professional with Messages on Hold.
Don’t have a RingCentral account? Learn more about RingCentral here.