5 Signs Your Telecom Carrier Just Isn’t That Into You
1) Understanding taxes and surcharges on your bill make that calculus test you failed in 12th grade look easy.
Sometimes, I look at my bills and sigh because I can’t figure out why I am being charged $1.36 for some fee I have never heard of. And the bills are usually four pages long. You almost need a code breaker to figure these things out. Makes me think that they are trying to hide something from me.
2) You ask for call center functionality and they give you something called “Centrex“.
Centrex is an old PBX technology that was prevalent in the UK in the 1960s and it is still being used (although not frequently). If someone tries to sell Centrex … run away!
3) Their tech support doesn’t answer calls at night. In fact, they’re not open at night.
Are all of your clients located in your time zone? No? Then why would you want your telecom carrier to only work during your business hours?
4) You ask for new extensions to your office phone system and you wait and wait and wait.
After adjusting your schedule to be available for an appointment with a five-hour window, you have to wait for the technician to arrive. Fingers crossed he doesn’t get stuck in traffic and force a rescheduled appointment on another day.
5) You’re still dialing into your office line to retrieve voicemails … I mean, really?
Why are you still calling your office phone to listen to your messages? That is so 1990s and a real pain. You should be able to get your messages from anywhere.
If any of these points ring true for you, then it is time for you to consider a new telecom partner for your business needs.