TELUS Business Connect Plugin for Citrix
Optimize the telephony processing for your cloud phone in Citrix.
TELUS Business Connect Plugin for Citrix app integration for TELUS Business Conn
In a typical VDI environment, TELUS Business Connect acts as any other application running in a virtual host environment. However, telephony media stream must make several extra network hops to reach the TELUS data center. If the network infrastructure is inadequate or unstable users may experience degradation in audio quality due to these extra hops.
With the TELUS Business Connect Plug-In for Citrix, we work to establish a direct media channel from the local user machine where the Citrix plugin is installed to the TELUS data center. This allows us to minimize the number of network hops and optimize the delivery of audio between callers.
- Make and receive VoIP calls over WiFi, even while traveling internationally, or over 3G/4G without using your carrier minutes.
- Send unlimited text messages to anyone in the US and Canada for free.
- Never drop another important call. Call handoffs allow you to switch from using a data network to a carrier network during a call.
- Visual Voicemail makes it easy to see who left you a message, forward messages, and tap to return calls based on your priorities.
- Bring your own device (BYOD) to work. Personal contacts are conveniently separated from your company directory.
- Single business identity - use your one business number for calling, texting, and faxing.
- Manage active calls efficiently with advanced call controls to transfer, record, flip, or park the call.
- Reply to calls with automated text-to-speech messages, or send callers to voicemail without interrupting the current call.
- Department text messaging sends one text to all department members. See the entire conversation thread on one screen.
- Host and attend online meetings from your Android, and easily collaborate with screen share, integrated chat, and file sharing from your desktop or cloud storage (Box and Dropbox).
- Hold unlimited conference calls. Start or join calls with one tap, and invite up to 1000 participants by email or text.
- Easily send a fax from your Android and attach a note, photos, or files from cloud storage (Box and Dropbox).
- Manage your phone system from the palm of your hands
- Update and manage your entire system of locations, departments, extensions, and direct numbers wherever you go.
- Enable BYOD for all employees, reducing TCO for devices while improving productivity.
- Safeguard confidential business information - easily add or remove users who have access to company data customer contacts.
Original release date: 2020-12-08
- Must have the Citrix Workspace Installed
- Must have the TELUS Business Connect desktop app
- Only Available for Windows
Please follow these steps to install TELUS Business Connect Plugin for Citrix. Please make sure to follow these steps before cloning your environment and for each environment you intend to use this plug-in.
On the local device:
- Install Citrix Workspace
- Install TELUS Business Connect media-optimization plugin
- Launch Citrix Workspace and connect to your server host
On the virtual desktop:
- Install TELUS Business Connect app
- Launch TELUS Business Connect app and initiate a call
- The audio button on the active call screen should be disabled if the media-optimization is working correctly