Technical Support, Tier 3
Location: San Mateo, CA
RingCentral provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments.
As a Tier 3 Support Engineer, you will marry RingCentral’s focus on customer experience with the #1 cloud-based business phone system to provide superior service to our customers. You will be the third level of support in our three-tiered support model and will be responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced problems. You will be responsible for not only assisting both Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel, but will also conduct the research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues. Upon finding new issues, you will determine the root cause of the issue, document potential solutions in a test environment, and provide detailed analysis to developers for more in-depth analysis to provide a permanent fix.
You will have direct interaction with customers to resolve these challenging problems. You will design and develop one or more courses or action and implement the best solution to the problem. Once the solution is verified, it is delivered to the customer and made available for future troubleshooting and analysis.
- Provide 3rd Level troubleshooting and technical support in RingCentral’s three-tiered support model.
- Provide technical support to customers with the most difficult or challenging problems.
- Diagnose network, router or connectivity issues to help improve Quality of Service for VOIP customers.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve VOIP problems by utilizing packet captures and reviewing logs.
- Monitor telecommunication services that include our carriers, our telephony servers, etc.
- Provide root cause analysis of new issues and provide detailed analysis for our engineering teams.
- Document solutions and workaround for use by Tier 1 and Tier 2 support personnel.
- Prioritize impact of customer-facing issues for analysis and fixing by engineering teams.
- Apply expert knowledge of RingCentral services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software.
- Report all product deficiencies and defects to the corresponding teams.
- Identify bugs and possible service impairments based on call trends and customer feedback.
- Test newly fixed bugs prior to deployment by the engineering team.
- Serve as the main point of escalation for our Tier 2 support staff.
- Provide customer updates on status of open issues or confirmation when issues are resolved.
- Going the extra mile to follow up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied.
- Maintaining customer facing and internal help articles.
- 2nd year college graduate with Associates degree.
- Knowledgeable in advanced network troubleshooting and Terminology (LAN/WAN: Routers, Firewalls (SonicWall), Switches, PBX deployment, TCP/IP (IPv4), DNS,etc.).
- Solid background with VOIP technology and terminology (VOIP, SIP, RTP, QOS, COS, codecs).
- Experience working with telecommunications, networking or Software-as-a-Service products Experience working very closely with technical teams to drive software or hardware improvements.
- Familiar with network performance testing software.
- Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus.
- Possesses high technical aptitude.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Experience driving continuous improvement in a complex product support role for a company known for its focus on customer service.
- At least 1 year experience in an advanced support role.
- Excellent on-time and attendance record.
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, end users, developers.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management software such as SalesForce, RightNow, etc.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
RingCentral is a leader in cloud computing based business phone systems, with tens of thousands of business customers and top industry honors, including the PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award, the Small Business Computing Excellence in Technology Award, and the 2010 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral provides small businesses with world-class business capabilities that, until recently, were available only to large corporations. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org