Technical Support Engineer
Location: San Mateo, CA
RingCentral provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will marry RingCentral’s focus on customer experience with the #1 cloud-based business phone system to provide superior service to our customers. You will be the first level of support responsible for supporting our largest and most high value business customers. You will need to love solving tricky problems, moving fast and working closely with customers. You will be passionate about customer satisfaction, supporting disruptive new services that businesses love to use, and working directly with customers as a trusted advisor.
You will deliver value to customers by helping them get the most out of their RingCentral service. This will include helping them setup and optimize their hosted PBX solution to meet their business needs. It will also involve helping them troubleshoot their network, router, firewall and ISP connections to optimize their VOIP quality of service. Your technical work will enable seamless integration of RingCentral into their business.
- Provide first level troubleshooting and technical support to RingCentral’s largest enterprise customers.
- Apply expert knowledge of RingCentral services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software.
- Diagnose network, router or connectivity issues to help improve Quality of Service for VOIP customers.
- Quick and accurate handling of support interactions – phone, chat, screensharing, email.
- Answer difficult technical questions, solve technical problems and suggest appropriate workarounds.
- Go the extra mile to follow-up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied.
- Manage customer expectations and experience to deliver high customer satisfaction and increase retention.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise and utilize that expertise to improve customer outcomes.
- Research, document and escalate cases according to policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to improve product and process.
- Identify product and services upsell opportunities and describe RingCentral solutions in a compelling way.
- Help develop and maintain customer facing and internal help articles.
- At least 2nd year college graduate with associates degree required.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills, perseverance and patience.
- Experience with VOIP technology and terminology including VOIP, SIP, RTP, QOS, COS, codecs.
- Knowledgeable in advanced network troubleshooting and terminology including LAN/WAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, PBX deployment, TCP/IP (IPv4), DNS,etc.
- Experience supporting telecommunications, networking or Software-as-a-Service products is a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Experience working for a company known for its focus on customer service.
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, end users, developers.
- Excellent on-time and attendance record.
- Self motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference.
- Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus.
RingCentral is a leader in cloud computing based business phone systems, with tens of thousands of business customers and top industry honors, including the PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award, the Small Business Computing Excellence in Technology Award, and the 2010 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral provides small businesses with world-class business capabilities that, until recently, were available only to large corporations. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org