Senior Technical Writer
The Senior Technical Writer will lead a team of learning and documentation experts responsible for creating the product documentation, user guides, knowledge base articles, and training videos for RingCentral’s services. This role requires an ability to create accurate, visually appealing and easy to understand resources that enable customers to feel confident and be successful when setting up and using RingCentral. The Senior Technical Writer will lead RingCentral’s self-service strategy related to customer training, documentation and in-product help. This leader will also be responsible for building and managing relationships with key partners in Product Management, Marketing and Support. The role will report into RingCentral’s Customer Experience team.
- Manage a team of 3-5 experienced technical writers to create learning materials and help documentation
- Design, edit and publish user-guides for each of RingCentral’s services and mobile applications
- Design, edit and publish the in-product help documentation and resources
- Design, edit and publish knowledge base articles used by customers and support agents
- Contribute to the development of RingCentral’s overall self-service learning & support strategy
- Create materials for various formats including print, video, web, in-product help and mobile applications
- Define requirements for developing new in-product self-help resources and tools
- Monitor feedback from customers and agents to continually improve the self-help resources
- Prioritize and allocate resources to the highest value learning and documentation needs
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of the learning and documentation materials
- Identify and apply best practices from other companies
- Provide feedback and insights into the Support, Marketing, Editorial and Product teams
- Monitor trends in adult-learning, self-service tools, and technical documentation
- 5-7 years of experience writing knowledge base articles, user guides or in-product documentation
- 3-5 years managing a team of technical writers or content-development experts
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in a visual, easy to understand way
- Experience developing materials in various formats including web, print, video and mobile applications
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply the appropriate methods to help customers learn – video, text, tips, screenshots, etc.
- Strong project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Passion to create innovative, easy to use products and self-help solutions for customers
- Team player who takes accountability to lead and guide other departments when necessary
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of adult-learning trends and instruction design principles
- Experience with Flare, Robohelp, Dreamweaver, HTML authoring tools, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe FrameMaker,
Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat a plus
- Experience with RightNow or SalesForce Service module is a plus
- Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
RingCentral is a leader in cloud computing based business phone systems, with tens of thousands of business customers and top industry honors, including the PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award, the Small Business Computing Excellence in Technology Award, and the 2010 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi- extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral provides small businesses with world-class business capabilities that, until recently, were available only to large corporations. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org