Former AT&T Wireless Mobility Services President and CEO Mohan Gyani Joins RingCentral Board of Directors
Telecom Veteran to Support Cloud Computing Business Telecommunication Services Leader As Industry Goes Through Massive and Disruptive Technology Change
San Mateo, Calif. - April 7, 2009 - RingCentral, a cloud computing-based hosted business phone services provider, announced today that Mohan Gyani, former president and CEO of AT&T Wireless Mobility Services, has joined RingCentral’s Board of Directors.
“In my career, I have tried to lead my businesses into new frontiers by anticipating the impact of technology shifts and by being prepared to deliver on the fundamental changes this would have on customers’ needs,” said Mohan Gyani. “Cloud computing is dramatically changing how business communication applications are delivered, especially due to the massive adoption of wireless phones. In RingCentral, I see an industry leader that is driving this disruptive technology change and delivering tremendous value that expensive legacy systems are incapable of delivering. RingCentral has built a unique and proven cloud computing-based technology platform and is a company that has a clear vision of the future of this industry. I look forward to working with their experienced management team to make this vision a reality.”
Mr. Gyani’s extensive previous experience in the telecommunications industry includes:
- President and CEO of AT&T Wireless Mobility Services, where he led the rollout of the next generation GSM network and the $10.6 Billion IPO of AT&T Wireless in 2000.
- CFO and Executive Vice President of AirTouch, where he played a strategic role in the company’s growth from IPO to a $70 Billion global company within five years.
- Key leader in the merger of AirTouch and Vodafone and the subsequent joint venture with Bell Atlantic that resulted in the creation of Verizon Wireless.
- Board of Director and head of Strategy and Corporate Development of Vodafone AirTouch PLC following the merger of Vodafone and AirTouch.
- Board of Director of GSM Association and CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association).
Vlad Shmunis, chairman and CEO of RingCentral said, “Mohan Gyani is one of the most respected veterans of the telecommunications industry and his expertise and reputation are unparalleled. This is a remarkable time for our industry—cloud computing is reshaping the business telecommunication services industry and RingCentral is leading this massive and disruptive technology change. Mohan’s addition to the Board strengthens the company’s potential and we are looking forward to the value and perspective he will bring as RingCentral accelerates its growth.”
In addition to his new board position with RingCentral, Mr. Gyani also serves on the board of directors of Keynote Systems, Mobile TeleSystems OJSC, Safeway, SIRF Technology Holdings, and Union Bank of California as well as certain private companies.
RingCentral provides a cloud computing-based, hosted business phone service for small business. With top industry honors, including PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award and Small Business Computing's Excellence in Technology, RingCentral offers full-access to core small business phone services and helps improve productivity for tens of thousands of customers worldwide. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com.
For Additonal Information,
Evelin Goldstein 650-516-4104