RingCentral Wins Case for Virtual Law Firm
Virtual Law Partners Relies on RingCentral Hosted Business Phone Service to Keep Distributed Legal Team Connected and Overhead Low
Redwood Shores, CA, December 2, 2008 – Virtual Law Partners LLP (VLP) is a distributed law firm that transcends the constraints of traditional “brick and mortar” law firms, offering exceptional legal service from seasoned attorneys at rates much lower than those of conventional law firms. VLP uses the cloud computing-based hosted business phone service from RingCentral in place of a traditional, premise-based expensive phone system in order to efficiently connect attorneys across the U.S. and abroad with clients and prospects across the globe.
“In our line of work, it’s essential that our clients reach the right person in our organization right away, regardless of their location,” said Michael Ferrel, VLP’s vice president of network operations. “RingCentral enables us to operate as a traditional law firm, while minimizing overhead and ultimately, our billable rates, to maintain our competitive advantage.”
RingCentral centrally manages and streamlines all of VLP’s phone and fax communications. RingCentral has enabled VLP to tie all existing personal mobile and other phone lines into a single phone system reachable with a single business phone number. “With all our lawyers and support staff working from different locations, old PBX-based phone systems could never have met our business needs, combined with the fact that they were extremely expensive to deploy and maintain. With RingCentral, we spend zero dollars on system deployment and maintenance, allowing us to minimize our overhead,” said Ferrel.
VLP epitomizes a growing trend among small businesses to cut overhead costs to adjust to the new reality of a slowing economy. A recent small business survey conducted by RingCentral revealed that the majority of small businesses (72 percent) are reducing overhead costs to work more efficiently during tight economic times. Also, nearly a quarter of small businesses are reducing overhead costs by eliminating the cost of physical office space.
In less than six months, VLP has grown from eight to 25 attorneys, making it the largest and fastest-growing virtual law firm in the industry. RingCentral allowed the company to scale its telecommunications infrastructure to support this growth without investing in PBX hardware and associated maintenance. RingCentral’s key capabilities include:
- An auto-receptionist that professionally answers, greets and directs callers to the right person
- Answering rules that are configured to automatically route calls to the right person based on time of day, date and the continuously changing availability of each attorney and staff member
- Call recording captures important information, enabling attorneys to conduct phone depositions without relying on note taking to document important calls
- Multiple mailboxes for voicemail ensure that everyone has secure access to all their voicemail via email, phone or computer
- Call logs that register all inbound calls, enabling the firm to track the time spent on each client's case
- Internet fax capabilities that convert incoming faxes to PDFs, and makes them immediately available to distributed team members to view, forward and file them electronically
“RingCentral’s business grade capabilities, along with the ability to integrate with mobile smart phones, give our clients and prospects instant access to attorneys, no matter where they are located, at a cost that makes sense for our business,” said Ferrel.
RingCentral provides a cloud computing-based, hosted business phone service for small business. With top industry honors, including PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award and Small Business Computing's Excellence in Technology, RingCentral offers full-access to core small business phone services and helps improve productivity for tens of thousands of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, Calif., RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com.
For Additonal Information,
Evelin Goldstein 650-516-4104