RingCentral Launches New Version of Popular On Demand Telecommunications Service, RingCentral Online ®
Access to Free Inbound Calls, Fax by Phone and Advanced Call Forwarding Boosts Productivity and Control for Small Businesses and Mobile Professionals
SAN MATEO, Calif, November 13, 2006 – RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of on demand telecommunications services for small businesses and mobile professionals, today announced the release of RingCentral Online 3.1. Driven by extensive customer input, RingCentral Online 3.1 expands upon the company’s award-winning product suite of advanced telephony solutions that enable small businesses and mobile professionals to achieve unprecedented levels of productivity, flexibility and control—whether on the road or in the office. New feature-rich enhancements of RingCentral Online 3.1 include advanced call transfer and forwarding capabilities, dynamic call and fax notification settings; flexible Fax on Demand, enhanced Call Log search and filtering; extension permissions; and free direct inbound calls to local numbers—all of which are immediately available to RingCentral’s growing base of 25,000 subscribers.
“Historically, small businesses were at a disadvantage against larger companies because these small businesses simply could not afford the advanced phone systems common in large firms,” said Rob Enderle, principal analyst at the Enderle Group. “RingCentral Online 3.1 provides an economic way for these small businesses to not only close the gap but to exceed what many large companies’ now aging phone systems provide their own employees. In short, RingCentral provides a competitive advantage and we all could use a competitive advantage.”
Key benefits and features include:
- Fax on Demand—Callers to a subscriber’s number can quickly receive a faxed copy of any document—e.g. contracts or product information—by simply dialing an extension and their fax number. Mobile workers can dial their own business number and fax documents directly from their phone. Fax on Demand is available to all subscribers for an additional $4.99 per month.
- Enhanced Call Transfer and Forwarding—With the simple press of the pound key, users can seamlessly transfer calls from multiple phones without interruption (between landline, mobile and VoIP). For example, a subscriber on a desk phone can transfer a call to a cell phone—their own or a contractor’s. In addition, users can specify the number of preferred rings for each phone in their call forwarding list.
- Free Inbound Calls to Local Numbers—Subscribers now no longer pay for calls that are not forwarded to their phones. Callers can leave voicemails and listen to company announcements and users can dial in and access voicemails without being charged by the minute.
- New Call Notification Settings—Using the intuitive online user interface, subscribers can further specify notification preferences for new incoming calls, faxes, voicemail messages and fax confirmations.
- Call Log Search and Filtering—Users no longer have to waste precious time searching through multiple call log pages to locate one important number. Version 3.1’s newly-enhanced Call Log provides busy mobile professionals with advanced sorting capabilities that allow them to filter according to date, monthly cycle, call type and caller ID.
- Extension Permissions—Allows subscribers to maximize their productivity and manage employee calling behavior through an interface that customizes various features assigned to each extension.
David Jones, office manager and realtor at Coldwell Banker Tennessee Valley Realty, relies on RingCentral Online’s Fax on Demand capabilities as a vital recruitment tool. “In order to meet the demands of today’s increasingly competitive real estate market, it is mandatory that our top performers have convenient access to time-saving technology tools that afford them the most control and flexibility,” noted Jones. “Time and again, RingCentral allows us to maintain a winning advantage. With the many convenient features included in RingCentral Online 3.1—particularly fax by phone and new call notifications—our agents will never have to choose between servicing clients out in the field and processing important documents.”
“The release of RingCentral Online 3.1 underscores our commitment to delivering tailored solutions and services that meet the evolving telecommunications needs of the mobile professionals and small businesses we serve,” said Vlad Shmunis, CEO of RingCentral. “The addition of mission-critical capabilities, such as flexible Fax on Demand and advanced call transfer, make RingCentral Online 3.1 a must-have business tool for mobile professionals.”
With the exception of Fax on Demand, Version 3.1 is available to all RingCentral Online subscribers at no additional cost. Fax on Demand is an additional $4.99 per month. For a complete listing of services available, please visit www.ringcentral.com.
About RingCentral, Inc.
RingCentral, Inc., provides on demand telecommunications services that enable small businesses and mobile executives to effectively manage communications and project a professional image to customers, partners and prospects. RingCentral Online combines a toll-free and/or local number with advanced call management, PBX, voicemail and Internet fax, enabling customers to automatically screen, forward and place calls; take voicemail; send and receive faxes; and receive message alerts. Almost 25,000 customers use RingCentral’s comprehensive and affordable hosted phone system to unify landline, wireless, VoIP and email communications. RingCentral is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., for more information, visit www.ringcentral.com.
For Additonal Information,
Evelin Goldstein 650-516-4104
RingCentral, RingCentral Fax, RingCentral Phone, SmartFax, PhoneWorks, and RingCentral Online are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.