Connect with international clients and enable collaboration between teams across locations—as if you’re all in the same conference room. Experience high-definition video and audio, with rich details that enhance presentations and drive business meetings forward.
Benefits of video conferencing
Meet in the same room, no matter the distance.
- RingCentral HD video conferencing enables real-time telepresence, so your employees or clients can join a meeting from any location in the world. It’s as if everyone is in the same conference room, even when miles apart.
- Travel no longer inhibits scheduling meetings. Anyone can join a video conference using a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. Enjoy a rich, high-quality experience that rivals that of telepresence rooms.
- Up to 50 locations anywhere in the world can join a video conference, so multiple groups can meet at once.
Captivate your audience with powerful, built-in features.
- Advanced meeting controls and settings to optimize video conference experiencing and easy collaboration among participants.
- Keep meetings highly engaging with flexible screen share capability and annotation tools for all participants, just as you would in person.
- Share your entire screen with the group, or just one window—the choice is yours.
- Automatic active speaker spotlight directs attention to whomever is speaking, so it’s easy to track the conversation. High-definition video technology captures vivid details to create a rich conferencing experience.
- Chat is an especially effective tool during sales demonstrations or negotiations, allowing individual users to hold private chats with one another, away from the group.
- Record any video conference for later playback and evaluation. Recorded meetings can also be forwarded to other parties.
Get enterprise-class video conferencing without the additional hardware cost.
- RingCentral Meetings is a video conference solution that utilizes your company’s existing infrastructure, so there’s no need to invest in costly telepresence rooms. Other enterprise video conferencing systems can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars after hardware purchases and installation. With RingCentral, your organization gets the same high-quality experience but with superior value.
- RingCentral Meetings is part of your RingCentral service, which also includes voice, fax, text, and audio conferencing. Streamline your organization’s business communications without multiple vendors and bills to track or clunky PBX hardware to maintain.
Video conferencing FAQs
How many offices or individuals can call in to a video conference?
- With RingCentral Office Enterprise edition, up to 50 offices and/or participants can join a meeting. Premium edition allows up to 25 per meeting, and Standard edition allows up to 4 per meeting.
How much does it cost?
- RingCentral Meetings is included with Enterprise, Premium and Standard editions of RingCentral Office in the US. There is no additional cost for the feature. There is also no additional cost for the software, which is easily downloadable to your computer and is available as a free app for mobile devices.
What is the experience for someone I invite to a meeting?
- Participants do not need to have a RingCentral account in order to join a meeting. All they need is a supported device—a Mac or Windows computer, iPhone or iPad, or Android™ tablet or mobile phone.
- From a desktop or laptop computer, they simply click on the link in the meeting invitation. Participants can then choose to access audio using the computer’s microphone and speakers or via desk or conference phone. If calling from a phone, they will be prompted to enter the participant access code provided in the invitation.
- From a mobile device, they simply tap the link in the meeting invitation. Participants can use the camera on their device to share their image and can view other participants on their device’s screen. They can also choose to simply listen in as if it were a traditional conference call.
If I’m not in an ideal meeting location, will the other participants know?
- Not necessarily. While it helps to call in from a quiet location, you can always choose to disable video and/or audio so that you can join from any location while maintaining a professional image.
What are best practices for individuals, small, or large groups?
- Individuals can use their personal computers and, if in a quiet area, can use their computer’s microphone and speaker. RingCentral Meetings has such high-quality sound that it is not advised to participate in a video conference from your computer if there is any background noise. If calling in from a noisy location, it is best to use a headset or call from a phone.
- Small groups in 1 room can use a conference phone to access audio and individual webcams on their computers or mobile devices to access video. Groups can also use a built-in or external camera on a single computer or monitor to display everyone in the room together.
- When groups or individuals are joining from multiple locations, the host may wish to mute all participants for the best audio quality. Individual users can always choose to mute their microphones and then unmute themselves when they wish to speak.
In which format are the recorded meetings saved?
- As soon as the recording has finished, it is automatically saved as an MP4 file.