Official Rules – RingCentral “NO HARDWARE” Video Contest
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by RingCentral, Inc. (“RingCentral”), located at 1400 Fashion Island Blvd, 7th Floor, San Mateo, CA 94404. The Contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”) which shall not be modified or altered by RingCentral after the start of the Entry Period (as defined below) unless required by law. By participating in the Contest, each entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the result of the Contest, as determined by RingCentral or its agents, are final in all respects.
1. Entry Period: The “Entry Period” for the Contest runs from 9:00 AM PST, June 23, 2011 to 5:00 PM PST, August 5, 2011.
2. Eligibility: To enter the Contest you must be a lawful citizen or permanent resident of the United States and be 21 years of age or older. Contest is void outside of the United States, Puerto Rico and any other U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths where restricted or prohibited by law. The Contest, and any web site pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not physically located within the United States when you enter the Contest. Employees, officers, directors, resellers, agents, affiliates and representatives of RingCentral and other participating partners, including their affiliated companies, parents, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “RingCentral Entities”), and their immediate families and members of their households, are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. How to Enter: (1) Create a self-made 1-2 minute video (“Video”) where you talk about a piece of hardware that’s driving you crazy (examples include a PBX, printer, server, or monitor); (2) post your Video on YouTube using your personal YouTube account, titling and tagging your Video “RingCentral No Hardware”; (3) Complete and submit the online entry form, including your YouTube URL and a copy of your Video in .AVI, .MOV, .MPEG or .WMV format, resolution must be a minimum of 320x240 (collectively, your “Entry”); (4) Promote your Video via Twitter, MySpace, Viator, Digg and other social media sites to drive traffic to your Video on YouTube. RingCentral does not guarantee that any Entry will be promoted on its blog or social media efforts, but RingCentral may promote certain Entries during the Entry Period through its blog and social media channels in its sole discretion. All information provided by Entrant for the Contest is provided solely to RingCentral for RingCentral’s benefit and is not provided to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, MySpace, Viator, Digg or any other site you may post or promote your Entry. Submissions generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced entries accepted. You may submit one (1) Entry per person, household and/or e-mail address for the entire Entry Period. If more than one (1) Entry is received from the same person, household or email address, only the first Entry received will be treated as the eligible Entry. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized and registered account holder of the e-mail account associated with the Entry. RingCentral is not responsible for: lost, late, delayed, damaged, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or garbled Entries; for those who cannot access or post due to the Internet, YouTube, Facebook or Twitter; cannot click-through for any period of time to enter their submission; if entry information or the video is not captured correctly; for any issues associated with hardware, software, telephone, Internet, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, virus contamination, network, human error, electronic malfunctions, or any other technical problems; and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. Incomplete or corrupted Entries are void and will not be accepted. To be eligible, Entries must be received by 5:00 PM PST on August 5, 2011. All Entries (including your Video) become the sole and exclusive property of RingCentral and will not be returned to Entrant. By entering the Contest, Entrant hereby grants RingCentral a worldwide, exclusive, perpetual, unlimited license and right to use, modify, transfer, assign, publish and promote any Entry in its sole discretion without any payment, consideration, royalty or notice to Entrant. By entering the Contest, you (i) represent and warrant that you are (a) the sole author of the Video, (b) have all rights to transfer, assign and distribute all rights in the Video to RingCentral and (c) warrant that the Video and its contents do not infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights; (ii) authorize RingCentral to use, analyze, modify and publish your name, Video and any other information provided by you in RingCentral’s sole discretion, including publication in its marketing and promotional materials; (iii) authorize RingCentral to contact you regarding RingCentral offerings, products and services and (iv) warrant that you have notified and received written approval from all participants and/or contributing persons of your video that RingCentral shall own and may use, modify and publish the Video without any further consideration, royalty or payment any part of or the entire video (collectively “Entry Warranties”). You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless RingCentral (including without limitation collection fees, court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees) and all RingCentral Entities from any and all damages in the event you breach the Entry Warranties.
(a) Each Entrant will receive a one-time credit (“Credit”) for one of the following discounts: (i) one (1) month free subscription credit to any RingCentral Fax or RingCentral Mobile plan or (ii) $50 discount credit for any RingCentral Office plan, subject to the terms and conditions herein. Credits will only be applied to eligible plans (i.e., $50 RingCentral Office credit cannot be used for any RingCentral Fax or RingCentral Mobile plan). Entrant must have or sign-up for a valid RingCentral account in good standing to use the Credit. The Credit is only valid for the RingCentral monthly recurring service charge and shall not, under any circumstances, cover any taxes, charges or additional fees (“Additional Fees”) related to the RingCentral account, including without limitation: usage charges, calling credits, USF taxes, state and local taxes, E911 fees, international calling, add-on features not included in the basic RingCentral service plan, additional lines or extensions, toll-free numbers, vanity numbers and other RingCentral product and service offerings. By accepting the Credit, Entrant understands and agrees to pay all Additional Fees associated with the account on which the Credit is applied and accepts the applicable RingCentral Terms of Service agreement(s) and all other RingCentral policies that govern the use of RingCentral services (collectively, “RingCentral Policies”). Furthermore, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, RingCentral may immediately terminate the Entrant’s subscription during the free one (1) month of service and anytime thereafter if the Entrant violates any applicable RingCentral Policies at any time. No cash value is associated with the Credit and under no circumstances will any cash equivalent be issued in lieu of the Credit.
(b) One (1) third place winner will receive US$250 cash (“3rd Place Prize"), issued in the form of one (1) payment via company check, subject to standard taxes as described in Section 7 below. The check will be issued in the name of the Entrant and is non-transferable.
(c) One (1) second place winner will receive US$500 cash (“2nd Place Prize"), issued in the form of one (1) payment via company check, subject to standard taxes as described in Section 7 below. The check will be issued in the name of the Entrant and is non-transferable.
(d) One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) Las Vegas vacation package, which consists of: (i) two (2) roundtrip coach-class airline ticket from one (1) U.S. departure city to Las Vegas, Nevada; (ii) one (1) standard hotel room for up to 3 consecutive nights at a Las Vegas 4 star hotel or equivalent; (iii) one (1) $500 lasvegas.com certificate good for entertainment activities of your choice (“Grand Prize” and collectively with the 2nd Place Prize and 3rd Place Prize, the “Prizes”). Total vacation package estimated approximate retail value is $2500). The Grand Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and subject to the terms and conditions herein. Travel must be booked by February 29, 2012 for travel dates anytime before July 31, 2012. Travel dates are subject to availability and holiday blackout restrictions apply. Both airline tickets must be reserved on the same flight from/to the same departure/return city. Hotel stay must be booked in correlation to the flight dates. The Grand Prize winner must provide RingCentral with the name, birth date and other personal information for both passengers to book the flight and hotel. Hotel stay does not include any upgrades or incidentals (e.g., room service, movies, refreshments, spa treatment, special access, luxury or member upgrades or other additional services).
No alternative prizes, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except as determined solely by RingCentral. All prizes are nontransferable and non-assignable. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” RINGCENTRAL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT THERETO, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. Entrants acknowledge that RingCentral and RingCentral Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
5. Winners: One Grand Prize winner will be determined based on all Entries as follows: at the end of the Entry Period, RingCentral will select ten (10) Entries with the highest number of YouTube “views” and feature the top ten (10) entries on RingCentral’s social media group page. RingCentral’s social media group will then select three (3) finalists from the top ten Entries on August 8, 2011. On August 10, 2011, one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) second place winner and one (1) third place winner will be determined by RingCentral’s three (3) judge panel from the eligible Entry finalists in its sole and reasonable discretion. Judgment for the contest will be conducted by RingCentral at its offices at approximately 3:00 PM PST on August 10, 2011 (“Contest End Date”). The Grand Prize winner will be announced on August 10, 2011 and notified by e-mail within ten (10) days after the Contest End Date. All decisions by RingCentral in regard to this Contest are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning are based on skill. In order to claim prizes, winners may be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability and publicity release and W-9 tax form, which must be signed and returned to RingCentral within seven (7) days of date printed on the notification provided by RingCentral, or an alternate winner will be selected. If a selected winner is deemed ineligible, the entry will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. RingCentral is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Prizes will only be shipped to winners at the email address or physical address provided by the entrant on the affidavit or declaration of eligibility form. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner, and an alternative winner will be selected by RingCentral. Accepting and/or using prizes constitute permission (except where prohibited by law) for RingCentral to use winner’s Video, name, voice, hometown, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorney’s fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). RingCentral will not replace any lost or stolen prize, including if lost during delivery. Risk of loss passes to winners upon dispatch of the prize from RingCentral’s offices. The actual delivery of prizes by RingCentral to a winner may be delayed for reasons outside of the control of RingCentral (including but limited to the postal or deliver services, back ordering, cancelation and the like). RingCentral is not responsible for any delay in the delivery of any prize to any winner.
7. Taxes: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. In order to claim prizes, Entrants may be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability and publicity release and W-9 tax form, which must be signed and returned to RingCentral within seven (7) days of date printed on the notification provided by RingCentral, or your prize may be void and/or another winner chosen, if applicable, in RingCentral’s sole discretion. The value of the prize will be treated as ordinary income to prize recipient for income tax purposes and an IRS Form 1099 for the relevant year will be sent to the winners. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner.
8. Winners List and Official Rules: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope RingCentral, Inc., Attn: RingCentral No Hardware Contest, 1400 Fashion Island Blvd, 7th Floor, San Mateo, CA 94404. Requests must be received by July 27, 2011. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Copies of Official Rules may also be viewed at www.ringcentral.com/no-hardware-contest.html/rules.
10. Publicity: By participating, each Entrant grants RingCentral permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes in regard to the Contest without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
11. ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNIFICATION, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BY INTENDING TO ENTER AND/OR ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT (ON BEHALF OF ENTRANT AND ENTRANT’S FAMILY MEMBERS, HEIRS, ADMINISTRATORS, AFFILIATES AND SUCCESSORS) ASSUMES ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL RISK INVOLVED IN FILIMING, PARTICIPATION AND PRODUCTION OF ENTRANT’S VIDEO, AND HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS RINGCENTRAL, RINGCENTRAL ENTITIES, FACEBOOK AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTNERS, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, CAUSES OF ACTION, THREATS, LOSSES, DEATH, INJURY, ACTUAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL CLAIMS AND DEMANDS WHATSOEVER IN LAW OR EQUITY, INCLUDING ALL COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ENTRANT’S VIDEO OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, TAXES OWED AND DUE BY THE PARTICIPANT IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, BREACH OF THE ENTRY WARRANTY, AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. RINGCENTRAL AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. RINGCENTRAL AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RINGCENTRAL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, WARRANTY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY. RINGCENTRAL’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, SHALL BE LIMITED AND CAPPED IN THEIR ENTIRETY AT US$50. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REFLECTS THE ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THE LIMITATIONS SPECIFIED IN THIS SECTION WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY IN ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO CERTAIN OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. General: Any and all decisions related to the Contest, these Official Rules, Contest administration, verification and the like will be supervised by RingCentral, whose decisions are absolute and final in all respects. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and that all decisions of RingCentral are absolute and final in all respects. RingCentral assumes no liability for damage caused to Entrant’s or any other person’s/entity’s computer hardware, software or communications network, video recording device or other personal property regardless of cause. RingCentral reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate (and not award any prizes to any entrant)/cancel or modify the Contest at any time and from time to time for any reason or no reason without or without notice or to disqualify any entrant at any time and from time to time for any reason or no reason with or without notice in its sole judgment, including if, in RingCentral’s sole and reasonable judgment, it determines that the integrity or fairness of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention (hacking), fraud, technical failures, force majeure or any other cause. In the case of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by name of the account holder for the email address on the registration form. RingCentral or the RingCentral Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
This Contest and Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of California. If any provision of this Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state, provincial or municipal law, rule or regulation, it shall be amended to conform to such law, rule or regulation and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Venue for all disputes shall be in San Mateo, California.
Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Contest, each entrant hereby waives any right he/she may have to a trial by jury and agrees that any and all disputes, claims, actions and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and other documents shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by binding arbitration, located in San Mateo, California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ fees or costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for punitive, incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
This document contains the trademarks and service marks of RingCentral and third parties and such trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. All trademarks are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of their respective owners. The use of certain products and services as prizes does not imply participation in, or approval of, this Contest by their respective companies. This Contest is sponsored and administered exclusively by RingCentral and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or any other company.