RingCentral's Reasonable Use Policy sets forth prohibited uses and reasonable use restrictions that govern your use of the RingCentral Services.
ALL RINGCENTRAL PLANS
The following prohibited uses apply to all RingCentral Services.
You may use RingCentral's telecommunication, facsimile, DigitalLineSM VoIP and related services ("Service" or "Services") only for lawful purposes and you may not, at any time, use the Service for any illegal, improper or abusive purpose or in any way which interferes with our ability to provide Service to other customers, prevents or restricts other customers from using the Service, or damages any RingCentral or other customer's property. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior that is obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, malicious, infringing, or invasive of another's privacy.
- Sending unsolicited messages or advertisements, including email, voicemail or faxes (commercial or otherwise) ("spamming"), or otherwise sending bulk and/or junk email, voice mail, or faxes.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Knowingly transmitting any material that contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, worms, or any other programs that may be harmful or dangerous.
- Creating a false Caller ID identity ("ID spoofing") or forged email address or header, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of any communication made using the Services.
- Transmitting any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Using or employing methods and/or devices that are designed or likely to take advantage of, bypass, exploit or otherwise avoid the Reasonable Use Policy.
- Violating any U.S. or foreign law regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported through the Service.
By using the Services, you understand and agree that:
- You are solely liable for any transmissions sent through the Service. RingCentral has no control over the content of any transmission.
- You must abide by all applicable RingCentral policies and procedures and agreements related to the Services.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means.
- You may not interfere with other customers' or third-parties' use and enjoyment of the Service or use the Service in any manner which disrupts, prevents or restricts any other customer from using the Service.
- Your use of the Service is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, securities laws, and false advertising).
- You are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including the content of your transmissions through the Service.
UNLIMITED USE PLANS
General Terms and Conditions
Some of RingCentral's plans are offered on an "unlimited" basis. All unlimited plans:
- May only be used for normal business use.
- Are provided only for live dialog between two individuals.
- Exclude international calling, which is available for an additional fee.
- Are issued on a "one (1) user per line basis," meaning that only one registered user may be assigned to use the services for any one line.
Unlimited Plan Prohibited Uses
Unlimited Plans also may not be used for any of the following prohibited uses (which are in addition to the other prohibited uses applicable to all RingCentral services):
- Trunking or forwarding your RingCentral number to another phone number(s) capable of handling multiple simultaneous calls, or to a private branch exchange (PBX) or a key system.
- Spamming or blasting (e.g., sending 100 or more bulk and/or junk voicemail or faxes simultaneously).
- Bulk call-in lines (e.g., customer support or sales call centers, "hotlines", 900 numbers, sports-line numbers, etc.).
- Auto-dialing or "predictive" dialing (i.e., non-manual dialing or using a software program or other means to continuously dial or place out-bound calls).
RingCentral reserves the right upon prior notice to disconnect or suspend your Service if RingCentral determines that your use of the Service violates this Reasonable Use Policy. RingCentral reserves the right to add to, modify or amend the Reasonable Use Policy at any time for any reason in its sole discretion.
Click here for a summary of the changes effective as of July 1, 2011