Date of Last Revision: October 2009
RingCentral’s DigitalLineSMVoIP Service is designed to allow you to reach emergency response services by dialing 911. However, RingCentral DigitalLine 911 Service operates differently than traditional 911 service and there may be circumstances when RingCentral 911 may not be available or in some way limited in comparison to traditional 911 service.
These “User Tips” are designed to provide you with some helpful information to assist you with using RingCentral DigitalLineSM 911 Service and some important considerations to bear in mind when calling 911 from RingCentral DigitalLineSMVoIP Service:
- Always inform all persons who may be present at the physical location (i.e., “Registered Location”) where you use RingCentral’s DigitalLineSMVoIP Service of the circumstances under which 911 may not be available or may be limited in comparison to traditional 911 service.
- Be prepared to provide the emergency operator with the address and phone number where you are calling from.
- Be sure to keep your Registered Location current and updated at all times. RingCentral will attempt to provide the emergency operator with the address of your Registered Location, so please ensure that your information on file with us is always accurate and updated. If you cannot provide the emergency operator with the address and phone number you are calling from (for example, if you are unable to speak during a 911 call), the emergency operator may assume that you are calling from the last Registered Location that is on file.
- If, for any reason, your Registered Location should change, please immediately update it at here. Please be aware that there may be a delay before your updated Registered Location is available for RingCentral’s DigitalLineSM 911 Service.
- Always prominently display the “911 stickers” on all of your VoIP phones and calling devices. These 911 stickers were provided to you by RingCentral when you purchased your phone.
- When you dial 911, always be prepared to confirm your current location and call-back number with the 911 operator who answers your call since the operator may not have this information.
- Do not hang up on the 911 operator unless you are told to do so by the operator.
- If, for any reason, you are disconnected with the 911 operator, please immediately re-dial 911.
- If you are located outside of the United States or Canada, 911 service is not available using RingCentral’s DigitalLineSMVoIP Service.
- Remember that 911 may not be available during a power outage. Please make alternative 911 dialing arrangements by, for example, ensuring you always have a mobile or other phone available.
- Remember that 911 will be unavailable during an Internet outage. Please make alternative 911 dialing arrangements by, for example, ensuring you always have a mobile or other phone available.
- Always keep up-to-date of any potential limitations or changes to RingCentral’s DigitalLineSMVoIP Service and 911 dialing.